What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, governmental identification details and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites and mobile applications or indirectly through our representatives or your use of our websites, mobile applications or online presence.
We also collect the business information of our customers (being real estate agencies, franchises and other entities) to provide products and services to them. This business information may include information about you if you are an employee or client or otherwise have dealings with of one of our customers (for example, you are a landlord or a tenant).
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website and mobile applications.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website and mobile applications;
- by telephone or email;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- by contracting with us;
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us; or
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities;
- our customers, being real estate agencies and franchises and other entities (such entities provide certain of their business information to us to allow us to provide products and services to them. This business information may include information about individuals such as employees, tenants and landlords);
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers);
- your employer; or
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website and track users movements.
What happens if we can't collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites and mobile applications to your preferences and your experience of our websites and mobile applications may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to provide products and services to our customers (which may be real estate agencies, franchises or other entities), including by conducting analytics on data that may contain your personal information to create aggregated and anonymised data products for our customers;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to provide you with access to our mobile applications;
- to assess the performance of the website and mobile applications and to improve the operation of the website and mobile applications;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- to undertake analytics activities for the purposes of marketing and determining which of our products or services (or functions of our products or services) might be of interest to you;
- for the administrative, marketing , planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers (for the purposes of operation of our website, mobile applications or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you and our customers) including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine, aggregate, analyse or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using the opt-out or unsubscribe facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed on our website. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our related bodies corporate located in New Zealand;
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in various foreign countries, including the United States and the Philippines; and
- other third parties located in various foreign countries.
We may disclose your personal information to entities within Australia who may store or process your data overseas. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country (which we consider unlikely), the information may not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. By providing your details, you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
As our website and mobile applications are linked to the internet, and the internet is vulnerable to penetration by nefarious actions, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website and mobile applications may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Ailo Pty Ltd
2/80 Clarence St
Sydney NSW 2000